Search This Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mom's BBQ sauce


Easy, simple and delish! Or is it just the memories that flavor my history of this sauce??

I'm going to use this sauce to make BBQ Turkey legs/wings.  I'll boil the wings first to tendorize them in a chicken broth.  Once they are cooked through, I will put the turkey legs/wings on a broiler pan and bake at 350° for about 20 mn.  Keep an eye to make sure they don't burn!! (Today it went on the grill because it was too hot in the house to use the oven)

dem veggies are sweatin'


In a sauce pan add:
1 large onion chopped
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 cloves of garlic chopped
Saute until they start sweating and look translucent






All the ingredients chillin' in the pot

 Add:
1 Cup ketchup
1 tsp dry mustard
1 Tbl chili powder
1 - 2 Tbls brown sugar
1 Tbl white vinegar






I ladled in some of the turkey broth because it was too thick.

Bring all ingredients to a boil and simmmer for 20 minutes
If it is too thick, add broth or water


I put the turky legs/wings in a pan on the grill, tossed the BBQ sauce on. If it looks too thick, than add a bit more broth. It all depends on how thick or thin you want your sauce.

 Remember the turkey legs/wings were cooked in broth before so aren't going to worry about cooking them on the grill.

ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. mm that looks sooooo yummyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOHHHHH! I cannot wait to try this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I should have taken pictures of Darrel and Parker eating the turkey legs. There wasn't anything left!

    ReplyDelete