Search This Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Getting started

I think I annoy fellow facebookers with all of my posts.  What to do? I'm going to try blogging!  We'll see how it goes. I've never been one to have a journal or diary because I really don't get it how writing to myself works. Yes, I know... it's supposed to be therapeutic and reflective. But honestly? I don't like to write and my brain works much faster then my hand does writing. Typing seems so much easier.  In addition, I want the call and response effect. I want to have a place where people choose to see what I'm writing and looking at my pictures. I want to have people respond!!! I want to generate conversation. So... this blog has been born.

Why did I call it "Inching into the Good Life"? You may ask what is the good life? For me, the good life is finding discoveries that have been right in front of me all along. Trying to eat healthy, whole foods. Loving my family. Accepting my financial limitations (ahhhhh!!!! still working on that).  And so much more.  That is why I'm inching. It's hard sometimes, I don't always jump right in, I tend to inch in.

I also really enjoy sharing blogs and links with friends and families.  My nieces and nephews and facebook friends have such AWESOME ideas for food and "living" (that sounds so Martha that it kinda is icky... I need to come up with a better word).  I want one place to collect all of that information.

Okay, so... here is my start. I'm looking forward to see if this takes off. 

READY
SET
INCH

8 comments:

  1. The Cooking Kid DezAugust 7, 2010 at 3:25 PM

    Love it Jan! Ooo BBQ Sauce recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is "The Cooking Kid Dez"???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Jan! You should link my blog up too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Jan!!! Welcome to the blogging world. I am so grateful to have so many comments, most are from you, on my own blog. I loved the facebook part and that is exactly how I feel too with posting stuff. Now, if they don't want to see it, they don't have to. Way to go and I love it already. Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather... now I have to get into a rythem of posting! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to follow this Jan. You are amazing! I think your idea is great! INCH ON!! Love. your sister, Mary

    ReplyDelete